Total Pageviews

8/28/14

Most Recently Published

Updated Aug 28, 2014

In April I completed "The Burial of the Guns" by Thomas Nelson Page. This was a collection of six short stories (well, maybe not so short: two ran an hour each, and one was two hours) that were pitch-perfect cameos of certain people during and immediately after the American Civil War. "Burial" had spent a long time on my "titles I'd like to record someday" list, and I finally crossed it off. I enjoyed it, and I hope you will too.

More recently. I've been participating more in the poetry side of LibriVox, in collaborative works. And... have you listened to our crazy 9th Anniversary Song??  Ruth Golding rewrote the words to "Funiculi, Funicula" by Luigi Denza to explain our mission in a salute called, "LibriVox is Nine!" Then she accepted recordings from all & sundry, piecing them together to get the semi-coherent, certainly funny version you can hear here:

http://ia902303.us.archive.org/17/items/librivox_9thanniversary_1408_librivox/9anni_99_librivoxis9_128kb.mp3

We even had some canines weigh in at important points! I can hear my voice at several points; can you? (Hint: NOT the dogs!)

I also recently did some English as a Second Language (ESL) work for a group of Asian students in Australia. I believe this was the third time I was requested to record ESL selections for people outside the States.